Making Halloween crafts seems to be a bit of a trend here this week, so let’s go with it! Today’s post is a cute spin on the Starry Night Luminaries I made back in the summer – but this one has a spooky twist. This one is perfect for Halloween parties – because it’s made to look like a spider. It’s a super simple craft project that could easily be made with kids (as long as you are in control of the hot glue, which is only two small spots.
- A snow globe style jar (found in most craft stores in the Christmas aisle)
- Fine glitter in black
- 4 glittery black pipe cleaners
- Black craft (or electrical) tape
- Hot glue gun + sticks
- Googly eyes
- Moon Lights (or a battery tea light)
- Take the bottom off the snow globe and remove the seal cap underneath. Spray the inside with hair spray and add glitter, replace the seal cap and shake to coat the inside with glitter. Remove seal cap, and put aside to dry.
- Cover the edge of the screw on lid with black tape.
- Take four pipe cleaners and fold them in half. Hot glue two of them to each side to get four legs.
- Add eyes to front of globe. Add in lights and replace the lid. Using your hands, bend an arrange the legs as you’d like.
Want to see it all in action? Just watch the video below….
These are so easy to make that you could whip up a huge batch of them in no time for parties, etc. And because they’re not remotely scary (and actually pretty friendly looking), they’d be especially great for kids parties.
Want more ideas for Halloween crafts in jars? Never fear, my friends are also here! Find all their great ideas, too!
The Cottage Market | The Country Chic Cottage
Claire @ A Little Claireification says
Ok – you win the day with this one. This is so adorable!!! Pinned!